Our client develops software solutions for banks, commodity traders, investment and asset-management companies. Our client’s most recognizable products are QUIK and QORT. The first is a tool that provides access to Russian trading venues; the second one is used for managing positions and smart analytics.
We had three client websites: two product sites and one company site. There was no obvious connection between them, but ARQA, QUIK and QORT had to become one conceptually as well as visually and physically. Therefore, we had to work on merging three entities by analyzing data, cutting out unnecessary parts and combining similar ones.
The project followed our favorite direction: First came the identity followed by the web. The branding department of Science created icons that would effectively convey a message: ARQA Technologies develops software that has complicated in structure but easy to use.
QUIK and QORT each comprise dozens of modules that extend functionality of their basic software packages. So, to highlight the modular structure of the software, our designers used exploded diagrams, in which the elements were tailored to fit each other and build strong connections within the viewer’s perception. Thus the depicted machines appear to work as reliably as the software does.
It wouldn’t be possible, much less practical, to attempt the creation of a company website without IA (as we call this stage in our team). To determine the structure and content of a given project, we researched and observed trading platforms in action. We also met customers of ARQA Technologies. Then, with our understanding of the overall process, we moved on to the UX wireframe: a consecutive plan of pages that determined their volume and structure.
The project proceeded from the information architect to the UX specialist, who investigated layout solutions. Actual texts were used as drafts for prototyping. At this point, we presented a version with horizontal navigation and a standard grid. Subsequently, at the design stage, we would revise this approach and find a more interesting solution.
The design process was initiated with a concept, in which our goal was to make the reading and perception of texts, which comprise 96% of the site, easier. The first mockups turned out to be moderate, generally resembling the prototypes. We knew it wouldn’t be enough and that the point had to be made more effectively. Then came the second try, followed by the third, which was closer by far. We finished by completely rearranging the navigation system, implementing a vertical menu and changing the grid. The site became more dynamic. The pages became more attractive and “easier”.
Like other corporate websites in our portfolio, we deployed arqatech.com using “1C-Bitrix.” However, because we couldn’t predict the formats and volumes of all the content blocks, we decided to develop a full-scale text-page constructor. The result was a robust tool for our future projects and complete freedom in the creation of new pages for our client.